Delivered from the creative binds of fashioning a carbon fiber braking surface, ENVE developed the SES 5.6 Disc Chris King C Wheelset, an envy-exciting lightweight, aerodynamic, and responsive disc brake carbon fiber clincher wheelset. Unburdened by heavy heat-resistant brake track material, these rims weigh between 80 and 120 grams less than their standard rim brake counterpart. These rims showcase an enhanced version of ENVE’s patented SES rim curvature design for even greater aerodynamics. In moving the braking mechanism from the rims to the hubs, this wheelset provides more sensitivity in braking, steering, and accelerating. Complemented by the ceramic bearings and low-friction seals of Chris King’s thru axle R45 Centerlock™ hubs, the SES 5.6 Disc Wheelset is sure to engender the envy of your competitors.
Wheelset Weight: ~1,474g.
- Weight (Clincher): 450g/470g (Set: 920g).
- Depth: 54mm/63mm.
- Internal Width: 19mm/19mm.
- External Width: 28.75mm/28mm.
- Hole Count: 24/24.
- Effective Rim Diameter: 550mm/533mm.
- Aero Optimized Tire Size: 25c/25c.
Chris King R45 Centerlock™ hubs:
- Attachment: Thru axle.
- Axle size: 100x12mm (Front); 142x12mm (Rear).
- Drill holes: 24 (Front & Rear).
- Bearing: Ceramic.
- Heat-treated, surgical grade steel races.
- 45-point RingDrive™ engagement system.
- Serviceable & rebuildable w/ Chris King R45 hub tool.