Breathe easy, ride heavy, stay comfortable.
The revolutionary development of Gore-Tex Active jackets with Shakedry product technology has brought increased protection and breathability to road cyclists. Gore Wear has continued to innovate with the development of the Gore C5 Shakedry 1985 Insulated Jacket. Using Polartec Alpha insulation in combination with Shakedry has produced a jacket almost as breathable and waterproof as existing Shakedry jackets, but with the added warmth of the highly technical insulation layer. Gore Wear carefully selected the Polartec Alpha fabric because of its packability and fast drying time, creating warmth without weight. It has exceptional breathability and compressibility due high loft fibers in a low-density knit.
Designed for high aerobic sports, the goal of the jacket was to provide manageable warmth during strenuous exercise. During an activity, continuous movement of sweat away from the skin is needed to keep an athlete warm and comfortable. Polartec Alpha and Gore-Tex Shakedry work together to accomplish this wicking. Due to the persistent beading surface of Shakedry, the jacket never wets-out and therefore never compromises breathability. This consistency in all weather conditions makes the jacket more reliable for the athlete, meaning you can wear it for longer periods of time, and in a wider range of weather.
- Gore-Tex Active with Shakedry™ product technology.
- Polartec® Alpha insulation protects against cold, wet conditions while offering maximum breathability.
- Shakedry surface allows water to bead quickly and easily, so a few quick flaps shake it dry.
- Adjustable collar with hook-and-loop closure for optimum fit and protection.
- Rear zippered stow pocket.
- Elastic cuffs and partially elastic hem.
- 2-way front zipper with reinforced hem for easy closure.
- Reflective logo and print.