Tuned for cool and crisp racing conditions when shorts are still in order, Assos' EQUIPE RS Spring Fall Bib Shorts S9 add a dose of thigh-warming comfort and protection.
Based on the design of their predecessor, the EQUIPE RS S9, these shorts include A-Lock Engineering framework to ensure they remain stabilized in the toughest racing environments. The short's thigh panels are constructed with a brushed-back Osmos Heavy textile, which adds stability. It is the latest addition to the brand's brushed family of fabrics, and its technical two-in-one composition provides several advantages.
The first is that the brushed interior is highly insulating, breathable, and super soft against skin. The warp-knit outer acts as the shell of the shorts, supporting leg muscles with a compressive structure. Together, these two components of the textile create a solid hold on legs, encouraging positive circulation and uniform warmth throughout. Knowing that the wind-facing front panel takes the brunt of the elements, Assos applied Sphere Ultra textile in a double-layer twinDeck construction to lock out the icy cold air around the crotch.
For the insert, designers called on the race-proven EQUIPE RS chamois which comes outfitted with all the bells-and-whistles: superAir microShock foam, 3D waffle topsheet, along with the ASSOS-exclusive goldenGate technology and horizontal stabilizer in the rear.
Features & Specs:
- A-Lock Engineering: S9 system of textiles and technologies working in harmony to stabilize the shorts and secure the insert in place
- Osmos Heavy: This warp-knit feature asymmetrical stretch and a soft, durable construction
- Sphere Ultra: Applied in the twinDeck double-layer construction on the front crotch panel for added thermal insulation. A patented 2L windproof, waterproof, and highly breathable softshell maximizes insulation while minimizing bulk
- rollBar: A patented bracing design that mimics a race car's anti-sway bar by using the bib straps to stabilize the insert and lock it in place as your weight transfers from left to right while cornering.
- ergoBox: A square pattern construction that effectively frames the insert in the back, boxing it in for added stability
- Butterfly Pattern: The primary textile panel fully wrapping the lower back and legs, coming together in the rear. Fewer seams leads to a more uniform hold, less weight, and greater comfort
- Carbon Xbib: A single section of elastic material folded over on itself forms a supportive A-frame that delivers limited vertical stretch in the rear; above the junction, more flexible material is employed to wick moisture and lay flat in the front
- Ultralight Leg Grippers: New Lycra leg band structure naturally grips the thigh to deliver a smooth, ultralight hold
- EQUIPE RS Insert (no krater): Race-spec elastic interface insert in 3D basalt colorway, minus the kraterCooler ventilation holes in the front
- superAir microShock foam: A lightweight open cell foam with a shock absorbing composition that returns to its original position, filling the gap every time pedaling position is changed in the saddle through the shift of weight
- 3D waffle: A patented, three-layer perforated foam that increases breathability and eliminates excess weight
- goldenGate: A patented technology interrupts the stitching along both of the insert's side panels, allowing more three-dimensional freedom of movement in this sensitive, rotational area
- Horizontal Stabilizer: A patented central stitch secures the rear of the insert to the outer textile, eliminating shift
Free Exchanges: This product qualifies for free exchanges within the first 60 days after order. We'll cover the shipping both ways for US customers if you need a different size and/or color of this product. Returned product must be in new condition with all labels and packaging. Free exchanges apply only for product in stock or available for backorder.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
Warm and comfy.
This is my first pair of Assos with the A Lock technology. Big guy, 6'3", 199 pounds and the XLG fits great. I've been wearing them for temps up into the 60's with a pair of knee warmers for everything above temps using cycling tights. I put them on with some creme and forget them. The shorts stay in place and have a great chamois. These are the best cold weather shorts I have used.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.