Tubeless tires. I tried the Orange Seal rim tape, no go. Duct tape, fail. Stan's Rim Tape, success. Of course, after three triesI probably got better at wrapping. Anyway, I'm not losing any air after 1000 miles. Well, I'm not losing more than the 10 psi per week I've always seemed to lose with tubeless tires.
Four months ago I installed this rim tape on a pair of problematic DT Swiss wheels that should have been tubeless ready. The tires pumped up effortlessly with a 35-year-old floor pump. That was a tremendous improvement. I have had no problems since. Today, I topped off the sealant (Stan's) using an injector and having removed the valve cores. The tires pumped up easily and mess free and the job was done in about seven minutes. Stan's rim tape, sealer, and injector have proven to be my best bicycling-related purchase in years. I am a happy customer.
Got some secondhand tubeless ready wheels from a friend, the kind with no spoke holes so no tape is needed. But they were already pretty old and crapped out quickly for me. Didn't have any other tubeless wheels and wanted to keep using my tires without tubes so tried a ghetto tubeless conversion with some Compagnolo Scirocco's, Stan's tape and Orange sealant. There was just enough tape for both wheels after taking a couple attempts to get the right number of wraps. Had to add a few wraps of electrical tape on top of the Stan's just to raise up the middle of the rim bed to keep the bead nice and snug, but after a couple hundred miles of commutes along with some gravel and single track thrown in, they've been rock solid. It seems a bit spendy for what it is, but it did the job well for me and I'm still relative tubeless novice.
Installed this rim tape to stop a slow leak on a DT Swiss wheel that should have been tubeless ready. I am now able to seat a tubeless tire on first try with a 35-year-old floor pump. No mess, no fuss, and no tube! I am pleased.
Used it for my first tubeless tire conversion. Worked as expected but I probably ordered wider tape than I needed, and because the tape is not as flexible or stretchy has electrical tape, having tape wider than necessary made it a little more difficult. I have a wheel truing stand and it was helpful for holding the wheel while applying the tape.
My wife got tired of having flats and decided to try tubeless. It took just one wrap of Stan's rim tape and a little latex with the Conti 5000 tires and she hasn't had a flat since.
Goes down smoothly if stretched properly and seals well. Maybe not quite as sticky as some competitors IMO. Carbon rim beds need to be super cleaned with alcohol 1st.
Used on Ican Aero 40 rims with Conti 5000 on a Felt FR1. Used just a single layer rather than the double that was suggested. No need for double as near as I can tell and it was tough enough to get the tires on with the single layer. I wore out the tire, down to the casing, with no issues.
Near as I can tell, it's doing what it's supposed to. I do lose a tiny bit of air between rides, but nothing drastic, and I can't say that the rim tape is why. I'm using just a single wrap on my road bike and running Conti 5000 TL.
This is the best tubeless tape easy to apply and sits in the rim well, durable and flexible, 2 layers is plenty but 1 is sufficient, holds air. I've scrapped other tape jobs with inferior tape but I have never had to re-tape when I applied Stan's. Even when rim tape is supplied in my wheel order, I will only use Stan's.
nice alternative to cloth or thicker synthetic rim tape/strips, being thinner may help with mounting those really light tires like Kenda Kaliente on Mavic Open Pro rims. One thing that happened to the roll I got, as I applied the tape to the rim, there was a small cut on the end of the tape and it separated a thin strip on one edge from the main piece I was applying to the rim, after I applied a few feet, I notice the tape I was applying getting thinner at the rim and a ridge growing on one side of the roll where the sliver left there was growing in width, I had to start over after I wasted a few feet of the tape. Luckily, there was enough to finish both wheels.