I've been on these now for about 600 miles. They are a replacement for a very good set of wheels I hated to part with. I had high expectations.
Observations so far
- Comfortable, Likely mostly due to the 25mm tires but I feel like they are more vertically compliant than other carbon wheels I tested.
- Great lateral stiffness. Power is there the moment I start a sprint.
- Breaking is much better than expected. Significantly better them my older carbon wheelset.
- Freehub has a little more friction then I'd like but it has loosened up over time. I'm sure this is due to a good weather seal which is not a bad thing.
- Easy hub maintenance.
- Breaking hard is very loud.
- Spin-up is fast and fell light.
- Hard to tell without serious test equipment but they feel fast for a 40mm profile. In any case, this is a good profile compromise.
- Tubeless mounted easily with a floor pump
So far I consider these a super value especially when you include tires. I put the Included tires on another bike and some Schwalbe pro 1 tubeless on these. Excellent combo. however, the Mavic tires are much better then I expected and I would not hesitate to run them on this race bike.