The need for speed.
With a revolutionary new Dispersive Effect Termination (DET™) rim profile and 80mm of depth, the AERO 80 C wheelset from Reynolds Cycling is designed for one thing: speed. Spinning up quickly thanks to the new premium hubs by Industry Nine, these wheels offer responsive handling and aerodynamic performance in spades, plus feature crosswind stability for all-condition riding.
Measuring in at 80mm deep, this tubeless-ready carbon rim took to the DET™ rim profile to redefine aerodynamic performance. This new rim design smoothes turbulent airflow and reattaches it to the aerodynamic surface of the rim, effectively reducing drag in the process. The result? A rim that remains in the sweet spot of effort versus watts saved for 32% longer than the competition. More than just an aero workhorse, the AERO 80 C is 29mm wide externally to provide the perfect fit for those high volume tires that modern road riders love.
Benefitting from their recent partnership with Industry Nine, these wheels feature a proprietary hub designed for lateral stiffness and precise, fast engagement. Featuring 2 sets of 3 pawls, the Industry Nine / Reynolds hubs engage every 6º, providing 60 points of engagement ensuring that your power gets to the pavement in no time flat.
- 80mm deep Dispersive Effect Termination (DET™) rim profile provides amazing aerodynamic performance and crosswind stability.
- Cryogenic Glass Transition (CTg) braking surface provides safe, predictable braking.
- Wide, tubeless ready rim provides better fit for high volume tires, increasing grip, lowering resistance, and improving comfort.
- Rim Material: Carbon fiber.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Tire Type: Clincher, tubeless ready.
- Rim Depth: 80mm.
- Rim Width: 19mm (internal), 29mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Rim brake, CTg brake surface.
- Hubs: Industry Nine, 6º engagement, 3 pawl freehub.
- Front Axle: Quick release.
- Rear Axle: Quick release.
- Skewers: Alloy.
- Spokes: Sapim.
- Spoke Nipple: Alloy.
- Spoke Count: 18 front, 24 rear.
- Claimed Weight: 1,797 grams.
- Manufacturer Warranty: Lifetime limited.