Combined expertise in aerodynamics and Computational Fluid Dynamics paved the way for Profile Design’s first-class 38/TwentyFour Clincher Wheelset. To achieve the best rim profile for crosswind handling and reduced drag, Profile Design’s aero experts collaborated with a team of CFD technicians in designing, testing, and refining scores of rim prototypes. Ultimately the 38mm rim profile of the 38/TwentyFour distinguished itself as the winner; its subtle curve and rounded spoke-facing edge mitigates crosswind force while an external width of 24.5mm flattens the sidewalls, delivering impressive stability and smooth rolling.
The forged and machined 6061-T6 aluminum hub and shot-peened hard anodized 7001-T6 aluminum freehub deliver stiffness and an 18% increase in material strength, according to Profile Design, which translates to nimble shifting and greater power transfer that’ll give you a leg up in reaching your racing and riding goals.
For greater durability and braking performance, Profile Design developed a proprietary high Tg point resin for their TwentyFour series wheelsets that’s, according to PF, 30% higher than other “high” Tg resins.
- Rim Material: Carbon fiber.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Tire Type: Clincher.
- Rim Depth: 38mm.
- Rim depth (inside): .
- Rim Width 17mm (internal), 24.5mm (external).
- Hubs: 6061-T6 Alloy.
- Bearing size: 699 (front); 6802 (rear).
- Front Axle: Not specified.
- Rear Axle: Not specified.
- Skewers: QR.
- Spoke Material: Stainless Steel.
- Spoke Shape: Straight Pull, Bladed.
- Spoke Pattern: Radial (front); Radial/2 cross (rear).
- Spoke Nipple: 7075 Alloy Polyax Double Square.
- Spoke Count: 20 (front); 24 (rear).
- Max. Rider Weight: 220lbs.
- Claimed Weight: 657g (front); 808g (rear).
- Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11spd; Campagnolo 10/11spd w/ separately sold Campagnolo-specific freehub.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 year limited.