Put your own SPIN on the mountain.
Whether you're out for glory on the Enduro circuit, or you're a trail shredder who won't settle for anything less than the best, the Tectal Race SPIN Helmet from POC provides the next generation in comfortable, effective head protection. Incorporating many of POC's award-winning technologies from their helmet range, the new Tectal Race features their newest rotational impact protection system: SPIN. With a durable, fully-wrapped unibody shell complete with Aramaid bridge technology in the reinforced EPS liner, the Tectal Race is robust enough to stand up to the mountain, while light enough to take to race day. Inside, the SPIN technology reduces the amount of force transmitted to the head and brain through an innovative breakthrough in pad technology. A series of incredibly flexible, compressive silicone pads sit inside the helmet, allowing the helmet to move relative to the head, and in the case of an impact the pads shear off from the helmet, but continue to cushion the brain.
- Trail dedicated mountain bike helmet designed to provide more coverage at temples and back of head.
- Fully wrapped unibody shell construction to improve helmet strength.
- SPIN (Shearing Pad INside) technology improves protection from rotational/oblique impacts.
- Highly ventilated using POC’s unique ventilation design.
- Precision straps molded into liner for extra comfort.
- Adjustable visor.
- Recco reflector for improved visibility.
- Simple and easy adjustment system for a comfortable, easy fit.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
&- compared to Trabec race Mips
Better ventilation compared to Trabec. Helmet shape is different though and the Trabec fits my head shape better. This tectal has the Reese retention system retracted as far into the helmet as possible (quite difficult to adjust as it feels like youll break it) and I still get some pressure feeling from the front of the helmet on my forehead.
If I could have the overall fit of the Trabec with the improved visor and ventilation and Spin system, Id be super stoked.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.