The Fizik Arione R1 Open brings an anatomic, open pressure relief channel to their iconic Arione Shape. Featuring a composite Carbon-reinforced nylon shell and a light, strong, braided carbon rail, the R1 pulls out all the stops. A Comfort Core foam layer beneath the neat, durable Microtex cover provides comfort, and is enhanced by the full anatomic cut-out which avoids pressure on the rider’s sensitive soft tissue and ensures that all weight is correctly supported across the whole surface of the saddle.
The Arione is made for Snake riders with high body flexibility and no pelvic rotation while pedaling, the Arione is longer than any other fi’zi:k road saddle, flat from nose to tail and with a narrow nose, so you can move around to find your power spot.
- Bringing an open anatomic cutaway to their pro-inspired, pro-proven Arione shape.
- Designed for Snake riders with high flexibility and/or no pelvic rotation during pedaling.
- Integrated Clip System compatible.
- Carbon-reinforced nylon shell.
- 7x9mm Carbon Braided rails.
- Microtex cover with Comfort Core foam layer.
- Regular Dimensions: 300x132mm.
- Large Dimensions: 298x142mm.
- Regular Weight: 199g.
- Large Weight: 205g.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
Looks great, well built, but ultimately not very comfortable
by Mike W.
Saddles are very individualistic, but for me (a long time Arione user) this saddle was not very comfortable. The cutout, which should relieve pressure, instead simply create excessive pressure on the ridges around the cutout. Went back to the Arione with a normal chanel cut into it.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.