Faster, Lighter, Hookless-Compatible, & Already Won Paris-Roubaix
Introducing the all-new Continental Grand Prix 5000 S TR 650b Road Tire — 20% faster, 28% more puncture-proof, & 50 grams lighter than the previous GP5000 tubeless model.
Even before its release to the public, the Grand Prix 5000 S TR already had top podium appearances at some of the world's greatest cycling races including Fillipo Ganna's 2021 World Championship time trial victory and Sonny Colbrelli's remarkable Paris-Roubaix win. Both races put this new tire to the test — the time trial with its long flat straightaways and the Paris-Roubaix with its wet cobbles, mud, and slick pavement.
Suffice it to say, this is the best road tire that Continental has ever made.
Here's how the new GP5K S TR looks compared to its predecessor:
+20% More Speed — 2/220 TPI carcass under the tread reduces material deflection
+28% More Sidewall Protection — 3/330 TPI adds one more protective layer in the sidewall, and it also makes running the tire at lower pressure more stable
Minus 50 grams in weight — With the new construction. Conti removed an inner liner while still keeping the tire tubeless
- Lazer Grip — The lasered micro profile structure expands over the tire's shoulder and provides outstanding cornering
- Black Chili Rubber Compound — Proprietary rubber formula for optimal grip and minimal rolling resistance
- Vectran — Conti's Vectran Breaker has excellent tear and puncture resistance while also being a very low weight
- Tubeless Ready — Conti's carcass construction keeps the tire from losing air while also being extremely puncture proof
- Hookless rim compatible up to 73 PSI / 5 bars
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
The product weight specified is an approximate weight based on the manufacturer's specifications (if available) or our measurement of one or two examples. For most products, the weight will typically vary by 5% to 10%.