Progressive protection for your most prized possession.
The result of years of data collection and analysis, the Z20 MIPS sets itself apart by combining two revolutionary impact management systems: Bell's own Progressive Layering technology, and the now-standard Multi-directional Impact Protection System (MIPS). This all-purpose road helmet is designed to provide serious protection for your head, without slowing you down or making you look dorky. Joining forces with Cadence for a limited edition colorway, this helmet features a subtle Pulsar print under the matte black shell, and replaces the Bell logo with a Cadence one.
With their Progressive Layering technology, Bell is able to replace the standard single-layer EPS foam liner with multiple layers of variable EPS foam densities. The Progressive Layering technology's variable foam allows the Z20 to better manage the transfer of energies after some impacts. Working in tandem with the MIPS system, this helmet is designed to make the dreaded crash a safer experience.
Bell finishes the Z20 with their Sweat Guide padding and No-Twist Tri-Glides, working to keep the helmet comfortably planted while funneling sweat away from the face, eyes, or glasses. With their No-Twist fasteners, Bell solved the obnoxious and embarrassing strap twist problem, freeing up valuable time for riding.
- All 'round road helmet with updated impact protection technology.
- Highly vented design keeps head cool without severely impacting aerodynamics.
- Progressive Layering technology provides dual-layer EPS liner to help dissipate impact force.
- MIPS technology reduces rotational force in angled impacts.
- Sweat Guide padding funnels sweat droplets away from face, eyes, or glasses.
- No-Twist Tri-Glide straps stay in place without twisting or bunching.
- Integrated Float Fit race dial adjusts fit vertically and laterally.
- Claimed weight: 305 grams.
- Number of vents: 18.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
Light and comfortable
Very light and comfortable helmet. Decided to retire my old helmet for a MIPS helmet. This cadence bell helmet fit my small head just right. Lots of air vents so its cool in this South Texas heat. Seems light and aerodynamic because sometimes I had to feel my head to check if I actually had it on. The chip straps probably need to be cut because they flap in the wind. Other than that its a really nice helmet.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.