Ultralight, highly packable, and seriously protective race cut jacket
The Equipe RS Rain Jacket insulates, protects, and keeps the chill away with its waterproof construction and race-focused cut.
At just 170g, it's half the weight of ASSOS' legendary sturmPrinz, which means this is the jacket to grab when you need something slightly more everyday, and slightly less heavy-duty.
Lightweight, flexible, and waterproof, the Equipe RS jacket is crafted with Schloss Tex, the latest development from the ASSOS Textile Laboratory. This new fabric improves on numerous cues from its predecessor: taped wrists and neck to minimize friction, the silicon elastic waistband, and the appreciated slot pockets that allow access to your regular jersey pockets beneath.
Rounding out the design of the Equipe RS jacket is a double-ended zipper to give the rider the liberty to open from the bottom and increase breathability.
Features & Specs:
- Schloss Tex : This purpose-created textile is ASSOS' most lightweight and waterproof soft-shell. Stretchy, extremely comfortable and highly packable, this 3-layer construction has excellent abrasion resistance and relies on a hydrophilic membrane.
- Aero Racing: The SCHLOSSHUND exemplifies the ASSOS competence of tailoring cycling-specific, high-performance apparel, using custom-made, avant-garde fabrics that have been engineered with the sole purpose of performance cycling in mind. Ergonomically shaped to fit your body in the cycling position, it "clicks on" then follows your movements thanks to the Aero Racing body-mapped performance.
- Taped seams: Deployed across the whole design, these increase the watertight properties of the jacket.
- Internal and external silicon on the rear lower elastic hem: Added for stability and fit, these silicon grips ensure that this rain jacket fits ergonomically without ballooning.
- Cuff construction: Lightweight, water-repellent stretch inserts that make it easier to pull on and off while riding.
- Rustle-free: This piece of apparel has been designed to be as quiet as possible with a rustle-free fabric.
- "Pocket slots": There are two cleverly positioned openings on the lower rear panel that allow access to your jersey or jacket pockets. They serve a double purpose as ventilation slots, as well as allowing maneuver-free access to the contents of your pocket.
- Treated with DWR (Durable Water Repellency) to guard against rainfall.
- Full-length zip: Slim, light zip for individually adjusting to the conditions.
- Minimal volume and minimal seams to reduce weight and enhance packability
Free Exchanges: This product qualifies for free exchanges within the first 60 days after order. We'll cover the shipping both ways for US customers if you need a different size and/or color of this product. Returned product must be in new condition with all labels and packaging. Free exchanges apply only for product in stock or available for backorder.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
A real disappointment
by Gene Kriegsmann
Bonney Lake, WA
2 of 2 customers found this review helpful.
I have owned two Assos Sturm Prinz jackets, the first was used almost to excess for four winters. When I retired it it remained as waterproof as it had been in the beginning. When this jacket was introduced I jumped at it, largely because of the color, but also because of my prior experiences with the Sturm Prinz. If I was looking for a high visibility wind jacket, this would be fine, but as a rain jacket it is less than mediocre. I have come back from rides with my jersey soaked through and my body thoroughly chilled. The jacket simply did nearly nothing to stop the wetness from penetrating. For the price of this garment there are a lot better options, though, unfortunately, none with the color advantage. I really wanted to like this jacket, but it has proven less than useless for riding in the Pacific Northwest.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.