I bought the upgrade RS about a year after I purchased my original RS 100. So far, the RS 100 + upgrade pedal has worked flawlessly. Only one drop two months of use. (I ride three days a week, 1.5-2.5 hrs in the saddle each ride.) I was a bit skeptical about Garmin pedals because of past reviews that I had read. Iï¿½ve read the Vectors have had more problems with signal drops and connectivity issues than these. Bottom line: Iï¿½d buy RS again. Iï¿½d recommend them to others as well. I have the Garmin 530 and sensors. At the very least, this doesnï¿½t hurt connectivity and may even improve/stabilize connectivity. **Also, when you follow the prompts to register your upgrade pedal, you will only be able to tell that the pedal upgrade is working by pedaling and viewing your data on the power dynamics screen of the 530. Only your original RS100 sensor will appear on your Garmin Connect app. This info is not in user manual and I couldnï¿½t find it on the web either. That may have been the most disappointing part of my experience to this point.
I used this to turn my single SPD-SL (Rally RS) pedal into dual sided. Due to recovery from ankle surgery, I wanted to see how I was distributing power a little more clearly than just using the single PM. This was great to see that I was more even than I thought I might be. Takes a little bit to figure out the right way to pair the second PM. Be sure to follow these instructions to pair correctly:
Search for "Upgrading Your Rally 100 to a Dual Sensing System" on Garmin Help website
- Before you install the new right pedal, the left pedal must be paired and connected to a compatible Edge device or the Garmin Connect app.
1) Review the Rally installation instructions (Installing the Rally Components).
2) Remove the existing right pedal.
3) Install the new right pedal (Installing the Pedals).
4) Rotate the crank arm.
5) Select an option to connect the right pedal to the left pedal:
- From your compatible Edge device, select Menu symbol > Sensors, select your sensor, select Sensor Details > Pair Right Power Sensor, and enter the sensor ID found on the pedal.
- From the Garmin Connect app device settings, enable the Right Pedal, and enter the sensor ID found on the pedal.