Smarter than the storm.
When winter weather comes knocking, it brings with it unforgivingly cold storms with rain, sleet, or snow. While the determined – or geographically lucky – few brave the harsh outdoors, with the Tacx Vortex Smart Trainer you won't need to take the risk of icy roads, low visibility, and cold temperatures. Featuring an 8-magnet Electro Brake system, the Vortex Smart replicates the feeling of riding on asphalt, and can even simulate the resistance of a back-country climb. Providing up to 950 watts of resistance, or the equivalent of a 7% gradient, the Vortex Smart lets you simulate the great outdoors from the warm, dry comfort of home.
The Tacx Vortex Smart Trainer communicates with smartphones, tablets, headunits, or computers with Bluetooth® or ANT+ technology, allowing for remote access of training data. The Vortex is also compatible with third-party applications like Zwift.
- Bluetooth® and ANT+ compatibility communicates data to smartphones, headunits, or tablets.
- Magnetic resistance unit is usable as standalone trainer without smartphone.
- Electro Brake provides 950 watts of resistance, replicating the feeling of up to 7% of gradient.
- Unique dual-material roller features a hardened steel sleeve and a soft core of elastogel.
- Compatible with third-party apps like Zwift, TrainerRoad, or SufferFest.
- Tacx Utility App allows remote updating of the trainer when new features arrive.
- Includes integrated 1.7kg flywheel, Skyliner front wheel support, quick release.