Backorder: This item is currently not in stock but is available to purchase today as a backorder. The expected availability date shown above is our best estimate as to when it will be shipped to you, but this date is subject to change based on our receipt of this item from its vendor. Shipping in the continental US is free for all backorder items (for international orders, our customer service team will contact you when the item is available to ship). Your credit card will not be charged until your item ships (Paypal requires payment up front, but you can cancel for full refund). Anytime prior to shipment, your backorder can be cancelled by contacting our customer service team.
The Surly Cromoly Front Rack 2.0 is an expedition-quality bicycle rack for extended touring, camping, commuting, and more. The Surly Rack is made from burly tubular cromoly steel that is built to take abuse and carry a heavy load.
For version 2.0, Surly redesigned the lower plates, adding strength to the design and increasing clearance for disc brake calipers. Great for anything from commuting to cross-continental globe trekking, the Surly Front Rack 2.0 is a reliable workhorse.
- Heavy-duty tubular cromoly steel rack
- Chromoly construction means that in the unlikely event of a failure, you can likely find someone to weld it back together
- Powder coated for corrosion resistance
- Available in silver or black color options
- Includes stainless steel and aluminum hardware
- Redesigned lower plates add strength and increase clearance for disc calipers
- Rear racks are height-adjustable and has a wide platform with increased capacity
- Front rack weight: 3lbs 13 oz (with mounting hardware)
- Front rack load capacity: 70lbs
* Note: front racks mount to forks with mid-blade eyelets - about 165mm from the dropout. Most quality touring forks come equipped with these. Hardware is included to retrofit to non-touring specific forks
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.