SIDI's classic road shoe comes in for a makeover.
The departures from its predecessor, the Genius 7, aren't too radical but they bring the Genius 10 in line with what today's cyclist is looking for in footwear: performance, comfort, and power.
Start with what's not here: velcro straps and ratcheting plastic buckles. In their place, SIDI has installed a customizable fit system that contours the water-repellent upper around the shape of the foot.
The centerpiece of this 2.0 fit system are Tecno-3 dials, knob-like interfaces that can be adjusted from both sides to more evenly distribute pressure over the instep area. Linking these dials together is an all-new wire material developed specifically for the Genius 10 by SIDI.
Manufactured with a Water-Tech treatment that eliminates chemical solvents, the upper is framed around microfiber panels that are supple, light and durable; vents strategically cut into the ankles and toes keep things cool when the competition heats up.
Down below, a nylon sole reinforced with carbon fiber adds stiffness without sacrificing power transfer. Rounding out the Genius 10's refresh are polyurethane pads and cups that hold the foot in place and combat pesky heel slip.
Features & Specs:
- SOFT INSTEP 4 CLOSURE SYSTEM uses soft, thermo-formed EVA pad to distribute pressure evenly
- Microfibra Microtech upper replaces solvents with water-based products for a lighter environmental footprint
- Like most SIDI small parts, the TECNO-3 BUCKLE is serviceable and replaceable.
- CARBON COMPOSITE 20 SOLE is nylon and injected carbon fiber.
- Replaceable polyurethane heel cup
- Standard "D" width for precise fit
Free Exchanges: This product qualifies for free exchanges within the first 60 days after order. We'll cover the shipping both ways for US customers if you need a different size and/or color of this product. Returned product must be in new condition with all labels and packaging. Free exchanges apply only for product in stock or available for backorder.