Aerodynamic Carbon Rim Brake Clinchers Handbuilt in the USA
The Rolf Prima Ares4 Carbon Rim Brake Wheelset is designed to cut through the wind on its way to victory. Combining wind-cutting paired spoke technology and Rolf's Delta rim profile, this rim brake-compatible wheelset provides feather light aerodynamics and responsiveness.
At 42mm of depth, the carbon fiber rim is firmly in the mid-profile realm, but provides aerodynamics comparable to much deeper wheels on the market. With an external width of 28.5mm, the Ares4 offers an optimal pairing with the day's wider road plus tires for improved handling and aerodynamics.
With Rolf Prima's TdF4.4 hubset, this version of the Ares4 is compatible with rim brakes. Inside, Enduro's steel bearings keep the hubset spinning effortlessly. Rolf Prima's T2 High Engagement drive mechanism delivers instantaneous engagement.
The Rolf Prima Ares4 Carbon Clincher Wheelset includes rim strips, valve extender, and QR set when applicable.
- Built in the USA.
- An ideal all-around wheel for triathlon or road racing or training.
- 42mm deep carbon fiber rim.
- Rim brake compatible
- Claimed weight: 1,430g wheelset.
- Also available with disc brake-compatible XST5.5 hubs.
- Rim Material: Carbon fiber.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Tire Type: Clincher.
- Rim Depth: 42mm.
- Rim Width: 19.5mm (internal), 28.5mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Rim brakes
- Hubs: TdF4.4 w/ T2 High Engagement & Enduro steel bearings.
- Front Axle: Quick release.
- Rear Axle: Quick release.
- Spokes: Sapim Bladed CX-Ray.
- Spoke Count: 20 front and rear.
- Claimed Weight: 625g front, 805g rear, 1,430g set.
FREE Cassette Installation - Order a cassette along with a wheelset and we can install the cassette for free. Cassette installation requires special tools that not all our customers have. The cassette will be professionally installed and torqued to spec. Just add "Please install cassette" to your order notes at checkout and we'll take care of you.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.