The Reynolds Cycling Aero 46 DB Wheelset is a future-ready carbon fiber wheelset for those riders among us looking for a top-quality wheelset that isn't going to become obsolete in 6 months. With a tubeless-ready, aerodynamically-optimized carbon fiber rim and disc-brake compatibility, it's a safe bet that the Aero 46 DB Wheelset will be a common sight at start lines across the racing world.
The wheels are built on Reynolds Dispersive Effect Termination (DET) rim design, the 46mm-deep rims start with a NACA shape that most cyclists are familiar with, yet widens it to a maximum width of 28mm. This allows the tire and rim to interface nearly seamlessly, providing reduced turbulence, increased lateral rigidity, and a more comfortable ride over all. This smooths the airflow over the wheel/tire area, allowing it to reattach at the rear of the rim to prevent dead trailing air that can add to drag. However, the DET design does more than improving the rim/tire interface, it also improves crosswind stability and performance, netting aerodynamic gains between 0 – 20° of yaw.
Down below, Reynolds laces the Aero 46 rim to custom hubs from Industry Nine, offering center lock rotor mount compatibility and lightning-fast engagement. 20 front and 24 rear spokes bolster stiffness while keeping the weight as low as possible, allowing these wheels to spin effortlessly.
The Reynolds Cycling AERO 46 DB Wheelset is available For 11-speed Shimano/SRAM drivetrains, or with the SRAM XD 11/12-speed driver.
- Industry-leading aerodynamic performance and cross wind stability from their Dispersive Effect Termination rim profile.
- Wide, tubeless-ready rim provides better fit for higher-volume tires, increasing grip and lowering rolling resistance.
- Precision manufactured hubs from Industry Nine offer low rolling resistance and quick engagement.
- Center Lock Rotor compatibility.
- Claimed weight: 1,525 grams.
- Rim width: Internal – 19mm, External – 28mm.
- Spoke count: 20 Front, 24 Rear.
- Front axle: 12x100 & 15x100 Thru Axle (included), QR 100 (Available separately).
- Rear axle: 12x142 (included), QR 135 & 12x135 (Available separately).
FREE Cassette Installation - Order a cassette along with a wheelset and we can install the cassette for free. Cassette installation requires special tools that not all our customers have. The cassette will be professionally installed and torqued to spec. Just add "Please install cassette" to your order notes at checkout and we'll take care of you.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Discount Codes are not applicable to Closeouts.
This product is NOT Eligible for VIP Points.