Backorder: This item is currently out of stock but is available to purchase today as a backorder. The expected availability date shown above is our best estimate as to when it will be shipped to you, but this date is subject to change based on our receipt of this item from its vendor. Shipping in the continental US is free for all backorder items (for international orders, our customer service team will contact you when the item is available to ship). Your credit card will not be charged until your item ships (Paypal requires payment up front, but you can cancel for full refund). Anytime prior to shipment, your backorder can be cancelled by contacting our customer service team.
The need for speed.
The Reynolds Cycling ASSAULT Carbon Wheelset is a long-time favorite allroad wheelset, featuring a 41mm depth with their Swirl Lip Generator technology rim profile. While both lightweight and stiff, the Assault is designed to harness every aero advantage available, adding crosswind stability and all-condition handling into the mix as well.
The Assault starts with its Swirl Lip Generator technology, giving the rim improved handling through reduced drag. At 41mm deep, the Assault is capable of confidently navigating the roads (and winds) with ease. Featuring a Cryogenic Glass Transition (CTg) brake surface, these wheels boast a brake track temperature reduction of up to 53% over non-CTg systems.
- 41mm deep Swirl Lip Generator profile rim, reduces drag and improves handling.
- Tubeless-ready rim fits wider range of tires and offers superior ride quality.
- Cryogenic Glass Transition (CTg) brake surface is up to 53% cooler than non-CTg brake surfaces.
- Rim Material: Carbon fiber.
- Rim Construction: Swirl Lip Generator, tubeless ready, Performance Rim 3 (PR3) Construction technology.
- Wheel Size: 700cc.
- Tire Type: Clincher, tubeless-compatible.
- Rim Depth: 41mm.
- Rim Width: 17mm (internal), 25mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Rim brake only, Cryo-Blue Power brake pads , Brake Wear Indicator.
- Hubs: Reynolds Allroads, CNC Machined, 10 degree, 36 points of engagement.
- Front Axle: Quick Release.
- Rear Axle: Quick Release.
- Spoke Count: 20 Front / 24 Rear.
- Claimed Weight: 1515 grams.
- Manufacturer Warranty: Lifetime warranty.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
2 of 2 customers found this review helpful.
I upgraded to these wheels from a pair of Mavic Ksyrium Elites, and they made a huge difference. They spin up quickly, roll beautifully, and are both more complaint over rough surfaces and a lot stiffer than my old wheelset-especially noticeable when climbing out of the saddle or accelerating. They look great and feel fast. They seem like amazing value to me for a carbon wheel, and I liked the options Reynolds had for warranty support. I deducted a star, though, because I couldn't get my clinchers on the rim-a sheepish trip to the LBS ensued-and so am not looking forward to my first roadside puncture.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.