Leading the pack.
The Pirelli Pzero Velo Tire combines years of top-level motorsports racing experience to deliver a long-wearing cycling tire that performs in all conditions. Developing a new compound for their tires, Pirelli's SmartNet Silica is highly elastic to minimize heat generation, offering lower rolling resistance and natural puncture protection. Adapting their Functional Groove Design from the world of Formula 1 racing, the PZero's tread pattern was designed to maximize performance in wet or dry conditions, responsiveness, and traction. Under their new rubber compound, a 127 TPI nylon casing backed up by an aramid breaker layer of heat-resistant synthetic fibres for additional puncture resistance and durability.
The Pirelli Pzero Velo Yellow tire is a special edition version featuring yellow decals, drawing inspiration from the Tour de France.
- Formula 1 heritage and technology in a cycling tire.
- SmartNET Silica® compound provides low rolling resistance, wet grip, and puncture protection.
- Functional Groove Designed tread pattern features three major areas for optimal grip and efficiency.
- Ideal Contour Shaping of the tire uses CAD software to develop the most efficient footprint.
- Claimed weight: 210 grams (25mm).