Game changing Merino Base Layer.
The key to staying comfortable on cold days is staying dry. Pearl Izumi uses a unique fabric construction method to place polyester fibers against your skin to improve wicking and Merino facing the jersey for temperature regulation and odor control. The 18.5-micron Merino is responsibly sourced while the polyester is spun from recycled water bottles. The polyester also increases the base layerÃ¢â‚¬™s durability.
By putting polyester next to the riderÃ¢â‚¬™s skin, it transports moisture away to the Merino layer where it can evaporate even as the wool acts as insulation. The base layer uses a set-in sleeve design for a versatile form-following fit to make layering easy.
- Transfer Merino fabric combines wool and recycled polyester for sustainable technical performance
- Unique plated fabric construction places polyester next to skin and merino on the exterior for superior moisture transfer and thermal regulation
- Made using fine 18.5-micron merino wool for superior comfort
- Recycled Repreve® XS Polyester technical fibers are made from recycled plastic water bottles
- Set in sleeve construction for easy layering and versatility
- 58% recycled polyester, 42% merino wool