Cycling has often been compared to chess due to its highly tactical and strategic nature, and just like in chess your Knights just might be the most valuable piece of your setup. The Knight Composites 35 Carbon Wheelset breaks away from traditional carbon wheels with its trailing-edge optimization and EPS molding, resulting in a wheelset that is stiffer, lighter, and more stable than the competition. Weighing in at just 1404 grams, these featherlight 35mm deep carbon rims are the lightest and shallowest wheels in the Knight Composites road lineup.
Knight Composites has placed themselves at the forefront of aerodynamic research, partnering with the University of Toronto Institute of Aerospace Studies to develop their trailing edge design. Most aero wheels focus on leading edge performance, which can be undermined simply by the choice of tire that's put on the wheel. Knight Composites shifted their focus to the trailing edge, designing a wheel that reduces the amount of disturbance from the wheel to the frame, and lessening the effects of wind steering on your bike's handling.
Furthering their pursuit of excellence, Knight Composites opted not to use the standard air-bladder carbon molding system that results in rippled, folded inner walls. Not only do these folds and ripples add material and weight, they also act as potential points of failure and delamination. Knight Composites is the only rim manufacturer to use Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) molding, resulting in a stronger, lighter wheel with inner surfaces that are as smooth and strong as the external surfaces. These ultra-stiff, lightweight rims feature a 3mm brake track with a nanofiber outer ply that can handle twice as much heat before deforming as the industry standard. Featuring the DT Swiss 240s hubset, these wheels spin up fast and roll smooth.
The Knight Composites 35 is also available in a disc brake-compatible version.
- Trailing edge optimization results in a wheel that is 84 seconds faster over 40km than standard box wheels.
- Expanded Polystyrene molding system eliminates ripples or folds on the internal walls for a smoother, stronger, and lighter carbon layup.
- Aerospace-grade Toray carbon fiber construction.
- DT Swiss 240s hubset, Shimano/SRAM 11-speed compatible.
- Sapim CX-Ray Spokes: 20 front / 24 rear.
- Weight: 1404g (641g front / 763g rear).
- Includes: 2 Knight rim strips, 2 pair of Knight Composites brake pads, and skewers.