Backorder: This item is currently not in stock but is available to purchase today as a backorder. The expected availability date shown above is our best estimate as to when it will be shipped to you, but this date is subject to change based on our receipt of this item from its vendor. Shipping in the continental US is free for all backorder items (for international orders, our customer service team will contact you when the item is available to ship). Your credit card will not be charged until your item ships (Paypal requires payment up front, but you can cancel for full refund). Anytime prior to shipment, your backorder can be cancelled by contacting our customer service team.
The Legend Lives On
The Assos Men's Equipe R Bib Shorts S9 are the definitive bib shorts for competitive, committed cyclists from the company that originally defined the racing shorts genre—and continues to lead in driving it forward.
It's only fitting that the latest generation of Assos inserts—the most advanced available from any manufacturer—is partnered with bib shorts completely re-engineered, with no design choice taken for granted or left unquestioned. The resulting bib shorts are atypically advanced—which makes them typically Assos.
The shorts combine textiles and technology in an interwoven network of wrapping compression, silky comfort, and tensile pre-load to keep everything from the leg panels to the insert securely in place. It's taken six years of in-house development and testing by WorldTour riders, but the EQUIPE RS S9 Bib Shorts are the definitive statement in cycling shorts from Assos.
- Type.441 is a gently compressive, silky smooth, highly abrasion-resistant material that also actively cools while protecting against UV rays and resisting odor.
- A-Lock Engineering is the S9 racingFit realized for bib shorts. Every fabric panel, strap, and stitch is engineered for stability and confident comfort.
- The main textile panel butterfly pattern wraps the lower back and legs, reducing seams and providing a more uniform compression across the shorts' body.
- Carbon Xbib: an A-frame bib that limits vertical stretch in the rear, ensuring a confident fit and stabilizing the chamois and main body panel.
- The leg bands feature a silicone treatment woven through the bands themselves, creating a secure hold without restriction or lumpy transitional ridges.
- Equipe RS Inserts feature an antibacterial microfiber booster top sheet in 3D basalt colorway.
- goldenGate: a stitching pattern that anchors the front and back but lets the insert's body float, allowing the insert to move with your body rather than against it.
- superAir microShock foam: a light, shock-absorbing foam that springs back to its original shape, filling the gaps that open and close between body and insert during the pedal stroke.
- kraterCooler: perforations in the insert's leading edge that draw air across the insert to maintain cooling breathability on hot summer days.
- Assos 2-Year Warranty
- 80% Polyamide, 20% Elastane
Free Exchanges: This product qualifies for free exchanges within the first 60 days after order. We'll cover the shipping both ways for US customers if you need a different size and/or color of this product. Returned product must be in new condition with all labels and packaging. Free exchanges apply only for product in stock or available for backorder.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.