When it came time to design the Men's Elemento Lite Jacket, Castelli ported in technology from the world of ski racing and alpine mountaineering, where insulation is a matter of survival, not merely comfort, and competitors obsess over grams as much if not more than cyclists do.
What resulted is a dynamic, durable jacket whose construction is similar to that of a shell, with insulation sandwiched between woven inner and outer layers. Unlike most mountain jackets, though, the woven shell isn't completely windproof, instead, it's been engineered with a touch of permeability.
The small amount of air that gets into the jacket picks up the moisture and evaporates it more efficiently than any membrane fabric available. The middle layer is a puffy insulation fill that Castelli makes in polypropylene partly because it's insanely light (specific gravity 0.6g) but also because it won't pick up moisture from either sweat or rain. These limited-stretch fabrics require a new cut, so this piece drapes slightly looser than a race jacket. If your winter goals are new Strava PRs rather than winning races in the spring and summer, you're better served by the Perfetto. But if your goals involve a real rather than virtual finish line, Castelli's Elemento Lite Jacket will take your winter riding to the next level.
Features & Specs:
- 3-layer insulated construction with engineered air permeability
- Japanese-made air-permeable woven-textured nylon outer shell with water-repellent finish
- Polypropylene synthetic down insulation layer provides warmth while allowing full breathability without any water absorption
- Plisse stretch panels on sides, elbows and wrists allow for close-to-body fit yet with full freedom of movement
- 3 rear pockets with reflective gusset at bottom
- Inner waist closure blocks out drafts (closed) or allows extra breathability (open)
- Claimed weight: 422g
Discount Codes are not applicable to Closeouts.
This product is NOT Eligible for VIP Points.