Knee deep in fire.
The Zipp 2018 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Wheelset brings a revised rim profile to their 82mm deep platform, reducing aerodynamic drag for increased performance. With Zipp's AeroBalance™ technology balancing speed and stability, the 808 Firecrest incredible crosswind stability for more speed, better control, and with the inclusion of their ShowStopper™ brake track, greater stopping power. With Zipp's ABLC™ SawTooth™ technology at play, the complex dimpling pattern helps to reduce high yaw drag, while improving crosswind stability at the same time. All of this, and the 2018 808 Firecrest also comes in 55 grams lighter than its predecessor.
At the center of the 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher is Zipp’s 77/177 hubset with best-in-class durability and improved bearing protection with no pre-load adjustment needed. For those looking for a wider gear range, or tackling especially extreme terrain, we now offer our Firecrest Carbon Clincher wheels with a XDR driver body allowing for more cassette options including a 10-42. Optimized flange geometry and spoke hole attachment pattern with Sapim® CX Sprint spokes to optimize torsional and lateral stiffness and robustness.
Each 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher wheel comes with Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads, Zipp Integrated Valve Extender with valve-core wrench, rim tape and quick release.
- Rim Material: Carbon fiber.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Tire Type: Clincher, not tubeless compatible.
- Rim Depth: 82mm.
- Rim Width: 17mm (internal), 26mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Rim, ShowStopper™ Brake Track.
- Hubs: Zipp 77/177.
- Front Axle: Quick release.
- Rear Axle: Quick release.
- Spokes: Sapim® CX-Ray.
- Spoke Nipple: Sapim® Secure-Lock.
- Spoke Count: 18 front / 24 rear.
- Manufacturer Warranty: Two years.
- Claimed Weight: 830g front / 1000g rear / 1830g set.