Split the wind.
Measuring in at 78mm deep, the 78/TwentyFour Clincher Wheelset from Profile Design is destined for aerodynamic greatness and high performance. While most companies stake their wheel on wind tunnel testing, Profile Design wanted to go a step further. With their CFD-engineered rim profiles, the engineers behind Profile Design went through hundreds of shapes in their search for excellence, and the result is a wheel that provides distinct advantages through crosswinds or headwinds.
Forged from 6061-T6 aluminum and precision machined with a tolerance of a 100th of a millimeter, the TwentyFour series hubs from Profile Design increase durability, strength, and stiffness. A machined 7001-T6 aluminum freehub creates an 18% increase in strength compared to standard freehub bodies, preventing cassettes from marring the freehub while simultaneously increasing shift performance and power transfer.
- Rim Material: Carbon fiber.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Tire Type: Clincher.
- Rim Depth: 78mm.
- Rim Width: 17mm (internal), 24.5mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Rim, specially selected Tg resin.
- Hubs: TwentyFour Series 6061-T6 aluminum hub.
- Front Axle: Quick Release.
- Rear Axle: Quick Release.
- Spokes: Straight Pull, Bladed.
- Spoke Nipple: 7075 Alloy Polyax Double Square.
- Spoke Count: 20 front / 24 rear.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years.