Wheels of the future.
The new-and-improved Cosmic Pro Carbon SL UST Wheelset brings Mavic's UST Tubeless technology and a lightweight, aero design for the ultimate in carbon clincher performance. With UST's low rolling resistance and a smoother, more comfortable ride quality, the 40mm deep NACA-inspired rim profile reduces drag and improves crosswind stability. Produced with layers of continuous 3K carbon fiber to achieve a unique one-piece contour straight out of the mold, Mavic's iTgMax technology translates to superior heat management and more consistent braking. Down below, Mavic's hubs feature their lightweight, fast-engaging Instant Drive 360 freewheel system, laced with our patented aero spokes.
The Cosmic Pro Carbon SL UST Wheelset is part of Mavic's wheel-tire system and comes with Mavic's Yksion Pro UST Tires factory installed. Providing a simple, hassle-free tubeless road setup with high rolling efficiency and maximum grip in all weather. Also included is Mavic's tubeless sealant, sealant syringe, tubeless rim tape, BR601 titanium quick releases, multifunction adjustment wrench, carbon brake pads, UST valve, and accessories.
- Rim Material: 3K Carbon Fiber with iTgMax technology.
- Wheel Size: 700c (622x19TC ETRTO).
- Tire Type: Clincher, tubeless ready.
- Rim Depth: 40mm.
- Rim Width: 19mm (internal).
- Brake Compatibility: Rim.
- Hubs: Mavic alloy with Instant Drive 360 freewheel.
- Front Axle: Quick release.
- Rear Axle: Quick release.
- Spokes: Straight pull, aero, double butted.
- Spoke Nipple: Aluminum, ABS.
- Spoke Count: 18 front / 24 rear.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 3 year limited.
- Claimed Weight: 665g front / 825g rear / 1490g set.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
Los Angeles, CA
1 of 1 customers found this review helpful.
These wheels tick all the boxes in terms of low weight, good aero, good braking and relatively reasonable cost. I've used them in several crits plus a few longer events. Braking is very good, maybe on a par with alu, but hard to say. On a long ride I descended one of the more challenging hills in Malibu (Deer Creek) and I had no problems with overheating or loss of modulation. I'm very happy with these wheels. Maybe the high-end Zipps or Enve's are better, but I'd be surprised if the difference would even be noticeable for most of us amateur riders.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.