Affordability - Durability - Versatility.
Mavic’s 2018 Aksium ALLROAD Disc Wheelset offers durability and versatility in a low-maintenance, affordable package. The wider 17mm aluminum rims can accommodate a broader range of tire sizes, from 25 to 32mm. Both front and rear wheels feature 24 straight pull, round spokes with brass nipples, arranged in a two cross, disc-friendly lacing pattern for long-term dependability. The hubs feature a lightweight aluminum body, strong steel axles, and low friction QRM sealed cartridge bearings for a low-maintenance, smooth ride.
Adding another level of versatility and durability, the freewheel is equipped with a changeable steel FTS-L (Force Transfer System-Light) freehub body. Most of Mavic’s freewheels contain swappable freehub bodies so you’re not stuck with Shimano/SRAM XD or Campagnolo. The freewheel in this wheelset is compatible with 11-speed Shimano/SRAM XD. If you prefer Campagnolo or want to switch at some point in the future, it’s a quick and easy process with Mavic’s Campagnolo-specific freehub body (not included).
The 2018 Aksium ALLROAD Disc Wheelset comes with front and rear wheels, rim tape, BR101 quick releases, and a user guide.
Safety Note: Mavic recommends the total weight supported by this wheelset does not exceed 120kg (264lbs), including bike.
- Rim material: S6000 Aluminum.
- Rim dimensions: 21mm (height); 17mm (internal width).
- Rim drilling: traditional with H2 reinforcement.
- 6.5mm valve hole diameter.
- 24 straight pull round steel spokes; brass spoke nipples; 2x lacing (front & rear).
- Aluminum front & rear hubs; steel axle; low friction QRM sealed cartridge bearings.
- FTS-L steel freewheel.
- Centerlock disc brake rotor mounts.
- Recommended tire sizes: 25 to 32mm.
- Weight: 2045g (pair, no tire); 940g (front, no tire); 1105g (rear, no tire).
- Compatible with 12mm thru axles; converts to 15mm thru axles with adaptor (not included).