The ENVE SES 3.4 Carbon Clincher Wheelset has been given a redesign to make their most versatile wheel option an even better performer. They were designed to tackle the diverse conditions found around ENVE's headquarters in Ogden, Utah, utilizing an asymmetric 38 mm deep front rim and 42 mm deep rear for aero performance on the flats while being lightweight and stable over steep mountains and on canyon roads thanks to an increased 21 mm inner-width that's optimized for 25 mm tires. ENVE's updated brake track features a molded-in texture that improves modulation and heat management, providing up to 30% better performance and more consistent stopping power in both wet and dry conditions.
Making this SES 3.4 wheelset all the more spectacular is ENVE's own full-carbon hubset. Typically, hub flanges made of carbon fiber would be too weak to handle the myriad stresses from spokes under tension, but ENVE's unrivaled knowledge and ability when it comes to working with carbon fiber has resulted in a one-piece design that is carbon from flange to flange. Spoke holes that are molded-in instead of drilled out increase the hubs' strength to withstand ENVE's demanding lab and field testing, even with the entire hubset weighing just 232 g. While the experts at ENVE have handled the carbon, they've let the experts at DT Swiss handle the internals and left it up to the wizards at Ceramic Speed to provide the bearings. Such high-level collaboration was the only choice to have the speed, strength, and reliability to match up with ENVE's superior fabrication.
- Tubeless ready
- ENVE Carbon hubset
- Optimized for 25 mm tires
- Includes: Tubeless valve stems and tape, valve extenders, rim strips, titanium skewers, and carbon-specific brake pads
- Front dimensions: 38 mm deep, 29.75 mm external width, 21 mm internal width
- Rear dimensions: 42 mm deep, 29 mm extern width, 21 mm internal width
- Spoke count: 20 front / 24 rear
- Rim weight: 432 g front / 439 g rear
- Wheel weight: 610 g front / 721 g rear / 1331 g total
- Available in multiple freehub options. Compatible with 9/10/11-speed cassettes.
- Built in Utah