Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher | Rear WheelItem #: ZIP14019 Usually ships the next business day
Regular Price: $1,638.00Sale Price: $1,310.40 You Save 20.00%
What do you get when you take an aero wheel with a rim depth of 82mm and add ABLC rim dimples and the Firecrest shape? You get the fastest deep-section carbon clincher in the world. Period. The Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Rear Wheel is that wheel. Featuring a wider rim width for lower rolling resistance and a more comfortable ride, as well as a heat-resistant resin that prevents spikes in rim temperature that can impact performance and handling, the 808 Firecrest will allow you to bomb the longest, most technical descents with confidence. And now it's bigger and badder with an all new 188/V9 hub with larger Swiss bearings, new spoke lacing and hub which adds incredible stiffness for greater power transfer. With improved stiffness, handling and aerodynamics, the Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Rear Wheel is scary fast. What are you waiting for? Get yours and get on the fastest wheels on the planet!
- Firecrest rim profile
- Wider rim width
- ABLC rim dimples
- New Zipp 188/V9 hub with larger Swiss steel bearings, new spoke lacing, and 25% stiffer hub
- Weight: 980g
- Max recommended rider weight: 250lbs
- Compatible with cassettes of up to 11-speed
- Hub/Decal: Shimano/Black (SHMBLK), Shimano/White (SHMWHT), Campy/Black (CAMBLK), and Campy/White (CAMWHT)
- Includes: Zipp QR lever, Zipp Rim tape, Zipp brake pads (2), Zipp tube w/ AL valve, Zipp deluxe valve extender (65mm), Zipp valve extender wrench, 11s to 10s spacer, and owner’s manual
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Can't Be Beat!
April 3, 2015
There's a reason that you see Zipp's overwhelmingly on the Kona transition racks- good marketing AND a great product. These wheels are the "creme de la creme" of the triathlon world, and if you are looking for quality, low weight, and easy speed, these are the wheels for you! I debated over getting Zipps vs some other cheaper carbon wheelsets, and while cheaper wheelsets may still offer the deep-dish "look" and some speed, Zipps ended up being lighter and better-built IMO. Besides, how can you resist those sweet decals?
Pros:Fast AND light.
Cons:The apparently charge per gram (EXPENSIVE).
you may also like
- Continental Conti Race Light Tube - 650 and 700 (42mm, 60mm, 80mm valve) Price: $10.95
- Continental Conti SuperSonic Tube - 650 and 700 (42mm, 60mm valve) Price: $28.50
- Zipp Tangente Clincher Tires Price: $54.99
- Vittoria Pit Stop Price: $13.99