Free domestic ground shipping on this item! For a limited time only. Does not apply to other items in order
For a limited time only. Does not apply to other items in order
- Wheel off design for direct, lab accurate power measurement at the hub- consistent and calibrated throughout every grueling mile
- iPhone/iPad/MacBook controlled resistance - Connected to your device, the KICKR sets your resistance via your favorite app
- Super flywheel engineered to replicate the inertia of an actual rider on the road
- Wireless control and data transfer - Bluetooth 4.0 (aka Bluetooth Smart) and ANT+ enabled
- As quiet as your favorite fluid trainer; no shouting required!
- Virtual training - Works with popular training software such as Kinomap and TrainerRoad
- Compatible with iPhone 5 and 4S, iPad (3rd and 4th generations), and iPad Mini
Polk City, IA
I would recommend this item to a friend.
A great trainer overall, a step up from a CompuTrainer
September 16, 2014
After a few years of usage (and issues) with the CompuTrainer, I decided to give the Wahoo Kickr a try. Other than one initial problem that was fixed quickly under warranty, the Kickr has worked flawlessly. It is reasonably quiet in operation, and gives me a more realistic feel for the road than most trainers (I also have Kurt Kinetic standard fluid trainer). I've used both the bluetooth and ant communication protocols, using both Mac and PC computers. It's very heavy duty (and just heavy) and it attaches very securely to my bike. I like the option of riding simulated courses that are easy to create, using readily available software (i.e. CycleOps Virtual Trainer, Strava, etc.). The big advantages I've found for the Kickr over the CT was NO tire wear issues, better software options, and more reliable operation. For a longer discussion on the Kickr versus the CT, as well as software I use it with, see my blog: http://wp.me/P1FXx6-63
Pros:Quiet, reliable, and flexible with multiple software options. If you want to build biking power… training with fixed resistance on defined training plans (i.e. TrainerRoad, Virtual Trainer, etc.) is VERY effective.
Cons:More expensive than a traditional trainer. Although Wahoo has an App to use for setting power, it's more effective (for me) to use third part apps for power training files or road simulations.
- Wahoo Fitness ANT+ Bike Case for iPhone with Speed/Cadence Sensor Price: $129.99
- Wahoo Fitness ANT+ Key for iPhone Price: $59.99
- Wahoo Fitness ANT+ Heart Rate Strap Price: $49.99
- CycleOps Sweat Guard with Pockets Price: $24.99