The Well-Built TriathleteItem #: VEL14505 Usually ships the next business day
Regular Price: $24.95Sale Price: $17.47 You Save 30%
Written by elite triathlon coach and exercise physiologist Matt Dixon, The Well-Built Triathlete reveals the approach he's used to turn age-group triathletes into elite professionals and champions. Dixon's method breaks new ground in triathlon training, introducing a new, comprehensive approach that builds the whole athlete for stronger performance. The Well-Built Triathlete is a complete guide to every aspect of triathlon performance from training, workouts, recovery and rest, and daily nutrition. This whole-athlete approach is the foundation to become a highly successful triathlete. More than just a training guide, The Well-Built Triathlete will help you become a stronger-performing successful athlete, training and racing faster than ever.
- A fresh holistic whole-body approach to becoming a better athlete and champion
- Comprehensive coverage of training, workouts, recovery and rest, and daily nutrition
- Smart workout plans for swimming, cycling and running to fine-tune the modern athlete
- Guidelines and protocols to improve training consistency and recovery
- No-nonsense advice on triathlon nutrition, fueling, and hydration
- Functional strength tests and exercises to launch a strength training program that builds resiliency
- Two-week sample training blocks for every phase of training as well as Olympic, Half Ironman, and Ironman events
- Workout sessions to evolve swimming, cycling, and running fitness
- 7 3/8" x 9 1/4" paperback with 2-color interior, and 368 pages with charts and illustrations throughout
blue springs, MO
I would recommend this item to a friend.
November 22, 2016
As a beginner I did not know how to train or the amount to train. This book focuses on making the time you train count and not encourage you to train your butt off to the point where you hurt yourself.