Profile Design 58-78|TwentyFour Series Carbon Clincher WheelsetItem #: PDS14039 Usually ships the next business day
The Profile Design 58-78|TwentyFour Series Carbon Clincher Wheelset was born out of the necessity for increased speed, improved aerodynamics and better stopping power. Profile Design used Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), wind tunnel testing and course modeling to handcraft a wheelset that accelerates, handles and stops with phenomenal performance. Precision engineered from proprietary carbon fiber that has been laid and shaped for strength and aerodynamics, the combination 58mm/78mm deep rims raise the bar on lightweight and affordable high-performance race wheels. Remember, you get what you pay for...in the case of the Profile Design 58-78|TwentyFour Series Carbon Clincher Wheelset, it'll definitely be money well spent.
Features & Benefits:
Features & Benefits:
- CFD developed proprietary carbon fiber
- 58mm front/78mm rear deep section clincher rims
- Proprietary precision machined alloy hubs
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes with Sapim Polyax double square nipples
- Seated cartridge bearings
- Hand-built assembly
- 11/10S Shimano compatible. Campagnolo aftermarket freehub
- UD Carbon finish
- Black hubs and spokes
- Front wheel: 700c x 20-hole (radial laced)
- Rear wheel: 700c x 24-hole (radial laced non-drive side/2x drive side)
- Includes: Carbon specific brake pads, QR skewers, valve extenders, rim strips and tire levers
- Total weight: 1720g
- Decal color: White (WHT) or Black (BLK)
Profile Design 58-78|TwentyFour Series Carbon Clincher Wheelset
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Durable fast wheels
January 15, 2015
I have been riding 3-5 times/week on these wheels for the past year on some of the roughest roads in America and have had no problems. They are responsive and the weight is in check with others in the class. The valve extenders do rattle a bit (just as they do with Zipp and Enve) so I had to tape them down (a better solution is to just buy the Silca valve extenders). These wheels do require a 24mm tire or greater so make sure you buy 700x25 tires to meet the recommended width.
Pros:Durable Smooth Ride
Cons:Valve stem rattle
Don't waste your money.
June 17, 2014
The front wheel hub emitted a high pitched whine on the first and only ride. I contacted Profile Design and their suggestions were to: (1) ship the wheel to them at my own expense for inspection and repair; or (2) take the wheel to a local bike shop for inspection and repair at my own expense. Unacceptable for a brand new wheel. The wheels are extremely difficult to work with. Finally, in true Profile Design fashion the instructions are useless. These wheels are headed back to Trisports.com.
Cons:Difficult To Use
you may also like
- XLAB Torpedo System 100 Price: $79.95
- Bonk Breaker Energy Bar Price: $2.69
- Continental Conti Race Light Tube - 650 and 700 (42mm, 60mm, 80mm valve) Price: $10.95
- Genuine Innovations Microflate Nano Price: $14.99