Training with power is one of the best ways to get the most out of your training sessions, and now you can train with power without having to sell your car for a power meter. The Kurt Kinetic inRide Power computer will allow you to track your power from your Kinetic fluid trainer for less than the price of many cycling shoes. The inRide uses Kurtís incredibly accurate fluid trainer power curve and readings of speed and cadence at the tire from the inRide Sensor Pod gathered from a magnet mounted on the roller drum. With a little mathematical magic, they are able to figure your power and send it to your iPhone, along with time, heart rate, speed, distance and more advanced training metrics like Training Stress Score, power profile numbers and time spent in training zones. One huge bonus is it utilizes Bluetooth rather than ANT+, so the data can be transmitted more times per second while using less of your iPhone battery. This allows you to ride for up to eight hours using a fully charged iPhone. No more excuses Ė time to train like the pros!
- Kinetic inRide sensor and Heart Rate Monitor pairs with iPhone 4s using Bluetooth Smart protocols, eliminating need for additional dongles.
- Kinetic inRide sensor transmits power, cadence, speed and distance
- Power data includes: TSS, nPower, iFactor, mean maximal power* and time-in-power zones
- 5 different data screens allow you to focus on wattage or heart rate
- Personalized power and heart rate zone info based on rider lactate threshold or maximum heart rate.
- Auto-calculated wattage and HR zones show current, average, and max heart rate and total time spent in each training zone during workout.
- Calorie burn tracks energy expenditure when you configure user data including: age, weight, and height.
- Auto coast-down calibration accurately sets wattage for varying tire pressure and trainer roller tension
- Tracks lap splits
- Ride History logs results from your entire workout history, organized by date in the history tab.
- Upload workouts to popular training and workout-sharing web sites
- Email data in .pwx, .tcx, .csv, .gpx, or.wf files for upload and analysis anywhere.
- Audio announcements include: distance, time, pace, calories burned, heart rate zone and more at regular distance or time intervals for motivated workouts
- Music-player control screen to access library
- Kinetic inRide only compatible with Kinetic fluid resistance Trainers and is backwards compatible with all current models
- Easy installation, just stick sensor to back of resistance unit as instructed, insert plug and magnet into hole in roller, install Kinetic inRide app, configure rider data and get rolling!
- User can choose any iPhone case and bike mount system (not included with inRide).
- Works with iPhone 4s and higher models and the iPad 3 only (not iPad app) and any iPod that uses BLE.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Excellent Value - If you have a Kinetic Trainer
October 16, 2014
I've been indoor trainging since 2000 with Kinetic trainers using power. Initially used their wired version and last year installed inRide which sends power and heartrate info to my Wahoo Fitness App on iPhone 5.
Pros:Inexpensive, reliable power and h/r readings for indoor training
Cons:Only works with Kiinetic trainers
you may also like