Hammer HEED (High Energy Electrolyte Drink) is a definite "step up" and welcome departure from the seemingly endless number of powdered sports drinks available to endurance athletes, giving you all the convenience of a powdered drink mix along with many added benefits not found in the vast majority of sports drinks. One of the primary flaws inherent with most sports drinks is their reliance on simple sugar as the carbohydrate source. The use of simple sugar such as glucose, sucrose, and fructose not only severely limits the amount of calories that can be efficiently digested and utilized for energy, it may cause wild fluctuations in energy levels. HEED's all-complex carbohydrate formula, on the other hand, allows you to obtain the ideal amount of calories you need, providing a more consistent and longer lasting energy supply, and without putting you at risk for stomach distress.
HEED also provides a complete and easily assimilated electrolyte profile, not just salt and potassium, which comprise the electrolyte "profile" of most other drinks. For some athletes, one or two scoops of HEED will completely fulfill electrolyte requirements (in addition to caloric requirements). For other athletes, the electrolyte profile in HEED will provide an excellent base from which additional Endurolytes can be added to completely satisfy electrolyte needs. With added chromium polynicotinate for maintaining stable blood glucose levels and l-carnosine for buffering lactic acid, HEED is truly in a class of its on in the world of powdered sports drinks.
So whenever and wherever a sports drink is your preferred choice, heed your body's desire for a superior fuel. HEED is the only choice you need to make.Benefits:
* Suggested Doses by Body Weight:
- All complex carbohydrate formula - NO added simple sugar means no energy "peaks and valleys"
- Complete, balanced, and easily assimilated electrolyte profile - Not just sodium and potassium
- Fortified with chromium polynicotinate - For stable blood glucose levels
- Enhanced with L-carnosine - For superb lactic acid buffering
- Lightly sweetened, pleasant tasting - NEVER syrupy, NO foul aftertaste
- Great fuel at a great value: 1 scoop = 100 calories at a cost of under 50 cents!
- Up to 120 pounds: 1 to 1.5 scoops/hour
- 120-155 pounds: 2 to 2.5 scoops/hour
- 155-190 pounds: 2.5 to 2.75 scoops/hour
- 190+ pounds: 3 scoops/hour
* These are estimated doses. Each athlete should determine in training, under a variety of conditions, their personal optimumSuggested Usage & Notes:
- HEED may be used as the sole source of calories during workouts and races up to two hours. When training sessions or races go longer than that select either Hammer Nutrition's PERPETUEM or SUSTAINED ENERGY as your primary fuel source.
- HEED is perfectly compatible with all Hammer Nutrition fuels so during ultra distance events, while HEED cannot be your sole source of calories every single hour, it may be occasionally to give you a little variety in what you're consuming.
- Each two scoops of HEED contain the equivalent amount of electrolytes as approximately 1.5 Endurolytes capsules. For many athletes, one or two scoops of HEED will completely fulfill electrolyte requirements; others may need to consume additional Endurolytes during training sessions and races.
- To make a super high quality, easily digested, and great tasting recovery drink, mix 2-3 scoops of HEED with 1-1.5 scoops of Hammer Pro Whey in 12-16 ounces of cold water.
(Serving Size = 1 Heaping Scoop)
Shipping Weight: 2.0 lbs.
- Calories: 100
- Calories from Fat: 0g
- Total Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Total Carbohydrates: 25g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 0g
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCL): 4mg
- Sodium Chloride: 62mg
- Calcium Chelate: 31mg
- Magnesium Chelate: 16mg
- Potassium Chelate: 16mg
- Manganese Chelate: 1mg
- Chromium Polynicotinate: 25mcg
- L-Carnosine: 50mg
- L-Tyrosine: 11mg
- Glycine: 31mg