Run, climb, hike, ride, paddle, ski or swim with the Garmin fenix 2 Multisport GPS Watch. The full-featured fenix 2 is a high-sensitivity GPS navigator that's packed with features for training, exploring and more. Create and follow routes, and mark up to 1,000 waypoints. Use the altimeter, barometer and compass (ABC) for relevant real-time information. Measure performance data like distance, pace, cadence and calories to track the progress of your multisport adventure. Use it with a heart rate monitor and it crunches data to provide Advanced Fitness Metrics. It'll tell you about your form and fitness with special features such as Run, Swim and Ski Dynamics. The Garmin fenix 2 is built to endure the roughest, toughest multisport conditions and survive. It provides sun/moon information and hunt/fish calendar in addition to basic watch features. This GPS navigator has alarms, tones, vibration alerts, a timer, stopwatch and time zone displays, to name a few. Make the best of your next adventures with the Garmin fenix 2 Multisport GPS Watch. The future of sport performance tracking has arrived!
- Tracks distance, pace and heart rate (with HRM)
- Calculates recovery time and VO2 max estimate (when used with a heart rate monitor)
- HRM-Run monitor adds data for cadence, ground contact time and vertical oscillation
- Connected features, including uploads to Garmin Connect and BaseCamp for live tracking and sharing
- High-sensitivity GPS positioning, 3-axis compass with altimeter and barometer
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Battery: Rechargeable 500 mAh lithium-ion
- Battery Life: Up to 50-hours in GPS mode (depends on settings), 5 weeks in watch mode
- Wireless sensors: Optional HRM-Run, heart rate monitor, tempe, foot pod, speed/cadence
- Wireless connectivity: ANT+ and Bluetooth for sharing info with compatible Garmin devices or smartphones
- Interface: USB
- Weight: 3.19oz (90.6g)
- fenix 2 GPS watch
- Fabric wrist strap kit
- USB charging/data cable
- AC adapter
- Quick start manual
Polk City, IA
I would recommend this item to a friend.
A good multisport watch, but not a replacement for the 910XT
September 16, 2014
For reference, I've had the following Garmin sport watches: 305, 310, 910XT, and the 620. I purchased the Fenix 2 as sort of an all purpose watch, to wear as an every day watch as well as for exercise. My thought was that it would be convenient to have one watch for swimming, running, spinning, kayaking, or hiking (I use a Garmin 500 for outdoor cycling). As a general watch and for multiple use, the Fenix 2 works fine. But, it would not be my first choice for triathlons. The 910XT has a much larger and clearer display, and the ability to have 4 fields (actual readable fields) is a much bigger advantage for the 910XT… particularly for aging eyes. Also note that if you have traditionally used a 310 or 910, the menu structures and navigation are significantly different… you will re-learn how to use this watch. Overall, it's fine for general use, if you don't need reading glasses and can get away with 3 small data fields.
Pros:I like that it can be worn every day, looks like a relatively normal watch, has a little more flexibility with custom exercises, can sync to my iPhone for transferring data, and has the live tracking feature. Battery life is good for daily wear and daily exercise usage (1-2 hours in duration). The motion sensors work okay for running indoors without a footpad, and the VO2 max calculation shows relative changes in fitness (620 does these as well). I'd recommend the watch if you are looking for one all purpose sports GPS watch, but it's important to understand the limitations. The more sports specific watches (i.e. 620 for running, 910 for triathlon or 500 for a cycling computer) work better.
Cons:Sometimes syncing with the iPhone is hit or miss (occasionally) and it is usually slow to transfer files. Live tracking will not let you concurrently show HR data, like the 620. The clarity of the screen, font size and limited screen real estate make reading it difficult at times.
you may also like
- Garmin tactix |GPS Watch Price: $449.99
- Garmin fenix 2 Performer Bundle | MultiSport GPS Watch Price: $449.99
- EPIC Meat Nutrition Bars Price: $2.89
- Thunderbird Nutrition Bars Price: $2.49