Fast After 50Item #: VEL15503 Usually ships the next business day
Written by one of America's leading endurance sports coaches, Joe Friel presents a comprehensive and detailed guide for the over 50 competitive athlete in Fast After 50. Our performance begins to decline with age but with proper lifestyle and training regimen changes we can maintain our fitness, extending our racing careers. Friel's areas of focus highlight strategies that will ward off the effects of aging by modifying your training and nutrition plans, addressing rest and recovery, and measuring your progress. Fantastic resource, Fast After 50 gives you the tools to not only physically but mentally improve your game.
- “Joe Friel is arguably the most experienced personal cycling coach in the U.S.” — Bicycling magazine
- “Joe Friel’s wealth of knowledge in triathlon is astounding and he has a wonderful way of sharing that knowledge with all athletes from beginners to elite professionals.” — Siri Lindley, elite triathlon coach and ITU Triathlon World Champion
- How the body’s response to training changes with age, how to adapt your training plan, and how to avoid over-training
- How to shed body fat and regain muscle density
- How to create a progressive plan for training, rest, recovery, and competition
- Workout guidelines, field tests, and intensity measurement
- Paperback with illustrations throughout.
- 7″ x 9″, 336 pages
you may also like