CycleOps Magnus Smart TrainerItem #: GRA17502 Usually ships in 2-3 business days
Saddle-up and prepare to workout at new higher levels with the Magnus Smart Trainer from CycleOps. Providing a refined riding experience, the CycleOps Magnus is versatile enough to handle all your indoor training needs. The perfect addition to any cyclists' toolbox, the Magnus has an innovative, rapid response electromagnetic resistance system that can cover large resistance changes in a blink of an eye, from 0 to 1500 watts. And its integrated dual ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth Smart technologies provide a quick connection to an array of virtual training software. This smart indoor trainer will help you meet your training goals, while improving and maintaining peak fitness level. Stop wasting time indoors, get the CycleOps Magnus Smart Trainer and start working-out like a pro today!
Magnus Smart Features:
Magnus Smart Features:
- Integrated dual ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth 4.0 technologies
- Fast response electromagnetic resistance ensures most responsive resistance and maximum power available
- 1500 watt peak resistance
- Noise level is a quiet 69 decibels at 20 mph
- PowerTuned using PowerTap technology for accurate power readings
- Comes on the CycleOps foldable Classic frame with spring loaded, bolt-action lever
- Features a Clutch Knob for perfect roller to tire tension each ride
- 2" resistance unit roller allows for 650b, 700c, 26", 27", and 29" - up to a 2.0 tire
- Precision-machined alloy roller reduces tire wear and slippage
- Eccentric leveling feet allow for easy adjustment on uneven surfaces
- This trainer is designed to fit common road and mountain bike frames with included steel quick release skewer and has three settings for rear dropout spacing: 120mm, 130mm and 135mm
- Optional thru-axle adapter available for 142x12mm and 148x12mm
- Compatible with a wide variety of devices and virtual training application, including CycleOps VirtualTraining, Zwift, TrainerRoad and many more
- Over The Air (OTA) firmware updates via Bluetooth 4.0 devices ensures the Magnus stays up-to-date
- Cadence sensor and ANT+ stick sold separately
- Some assembly required
- Note: Does not fit 650c wheel sizes, nor all 29er tires
I would recommend this item to a friend.
The very best Smart trainer for the money
May 4, 2017
I waited for this to come out so I could finally upgrade from my Kurt Kinetic Road Machine. I am glad I waited as this trainer is a beast! Not only does it provide more resistance than I can handle, it also provides very similar power readings to my power meter on my bike. You will need to download Cycleops Virtual Training to calibrate your trainer though..... I primarily use it for TrainerRoad and Sufferfest videos (Which give a whole new meaning to Suffer) and occasionally I will jump on Zwift. Not only does it bring new life to these applications, it makes them harder! I don't know what it is about the trainer but in ERG mode, I come out wobbly in my legs everytime. Before, I would get stiff in my quads but this just murders them. I do not use a trainer specific tire but always turn the clutch knob until it clicks. I put my PSI at 100 everytime and power readings are very repeatable and accurate when compared to my Powertap C1 Chainrings or the Power2Max crank power meter on my tri bike. Due to the "Wheel on" design, the power readings are supposed to be +/- 5% and in my experience is very consistant with that. Highly recommended! Would be nice if you didn't have to plug it in but it's not really an issue as I'm always next to an outlet.
Pros:- Best bang for your buck Smart trainer. - Light! Very portable and easy to put away if you have guests over. - VERY strong resistance. Stronger than any other "wheel-on" trainer out there. - Top notch Customer Service from Cycleops
Cons:- Has to be plugged in - Clutch knob has to be turned a LOT. Will leave an indent in your tire if you don't loosen it after use. - Have to download Virtual trainer to calibrate
I would recommend this item to a friend.
This is the one. Look no further.
January 30, 2017
This is my second trainer I have owned and I love it. I currently ride with Zwift but CycleOps does have their own type of online training if you wanted to go that route. I did my fair share of research and decided on this one for a few reasons. The first is that it was the best bang for your buck and that's no lie. I have not had any wheel slippage and the noise it makes is very minimal (I also purchased the CycleOps trainer tire). You will have to assemble it when it arrives but that will not take more than 20 minutes. I did have an issue putting one piece into the other but after a bit of maneuvering and muscle it slipped into place. Once it is all set up it was time to put the bike into it and plug it in. This trainer comes with a yellow "Clutch Knob." This Clutch Knob is what you turn to connect the actual trainer to the tire. Make sure that your tires are pumped up to the recommended tire pressure! You will be turning that knob for sometime and you may think the tire is way to compressed but trust me- turn it till it clicks! Once the bike is in place you will need to download the CycleOps app. I have heard different thoughts on if you need to or not but my Magnus did not calibrate until I downloaded and connected the app to the trainer. My app did not have a calibrate button but the riding was much more enjoyable after the app was connected. To ride with Zwift I needed to purchase the ANT+ usb that I also purchased through TriSports. All in all this is an amazing trainer. Even though I had a few complications during setup I have not had anything that negatively affects the riding experience. I would highly recommend it to anyone that is looking to elevate their early season training/indoor days.
Pros:Best bang for your buck Not loud No tire slipping Never have any issues.
Cons:Took a bit of unexpected set up manually and electronically Not a lot of direction when it comes to set up
you may also like
- Garmin Edge 820 Bundle Price: $499.99
- TriSports.com Insulated Sports Bottle by CamelBak | 25oz Price: $15.99
- GU Hydration Drink Mix | 24 Servings Price: $19.99
- TriSports.com Cowbell Price: $14.99